This cool salad tastes great on hot summer days. Option to add in some sliced cucumber or a bit of arugula if you want to bring add more flavor and texture!
- ¼ an organic watermelon or 1 personal watermelon, ice cold and cubed
- ¼ an organic red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- juice of one limes
- 2-4 ounces organic, raw milk feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint or basil, snipped
- Thinly slice the onion and place in lime juice while preparing the rest of the salad.
- In a bowl, combine the cubed watermelon and feta.
- Snip the herbs into the bowl, chopping as finely as preferred. Drizzle the oil and honey over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Add in the onions, a dash of sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste.