Our recipe this week comes from our dear friend and CSA member, Gabriella Vetere!
Gabriella is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, and has been a member of our CSA since it began two years ago! She is constantly posting inspirational recipes and beautiful pictures of her culinary creations, often using Spade & Plow veggies. We thought our veggies looked pretty good, but she makes them look even better!
She has shared a recipe with us that puts to use that fancy acorn squash. Yum! Thank you, Gabriella.
For the squash:
1- 2 acorn squash, sliced into 1 inch rings
1 Tbsp. of all three spices (turmeric, salt, and pepper)
1/2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
1-2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
For the glaze:
3 oz. of low sodium tamari sauce
juice of one Meyer lemon
1 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s UMAMI paste
- Preheat the oven to 385 degrees.
- With a very sharp knife, slice the acorn squash into one inch slices and placed on a cookie sheet that has been lined with aluminum. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the spices evenly above. Massage the squash generously with the oil and spices.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes or until the squash is tender but not too soft.
- While the squash cools a bit, mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl until fully combined.
- Place the squash on a serving platter and drizzle with the glaze.
- Garnish with spiced nuts like these spiced pepitas or even top with some fat free ricotta for a nice snack.